Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Viva Las Vegas!

Oh yeah! Norman ain't got nothin on my new ride for Kona!



Well I can tell that Kona is approaching. My fuse is very short right now and I am turning into a hermit. I have been in a great mood but it doesn't take much to make me snap. The last few workouts I have had made me feel like crap. I bonked with Denny on a 3 hour ride LOL. I literally ended up in a gas staition eating two egg Mc Muffin type things, a muffin, some drink and then went back in for some more. After that I got dropped and my legs were completely gone. I slept on the grass in front of Denny's place (when I finally freaking got there!) I don't know??? My legs just haven't felt all that great....That is probably a really good sign that I am going to be able to throw down in Hawaii LOL....Seems the worse I feel before a race, the better I actually do.


I went to Vegas with Marky V for Interbike. We joined up with Amanda Lavato, Fiona Docherty, and Jen Martinez. I felt like I was on an episode of Sex and the City LOL We had a blast and I made some really good contacts for the 08 season. It was really nice to get my mind off training with the trip. Cranny (my PT) took me off running for 5 days because the foot decided to give an encore performance before k0na. SCREW THAT! I will NOT tolerate that bull shit again. It seems much better now but it has been hard to take the time off this close to Kona while I watch everyone else get their running in.


Here is the thing when this kind of stuff happens. You really have to decide how you are going to let it affect you. I decided that if I had to sit on my ass and do NOTHING for the rest of the time leading up to Kona, I will still KICK ASS out there. Jane was coaching us the other day at the pool and I was expressing everything about how my body was feeling and what I thought it meant etc. She just looked at me and said "Jesus, stop being so psycho!" That made me laugh my ass off. I guess you really have to know Jane to understand why it was so funny. But she was right! She has been around for all the top psycho's like her brother Dave, Mark Allen, Molina etc...She knows what's up and tells it like it is. So I am calm now. It's that simple. I am calm now.


If anything my stress is coming form being in Boulder. I just want to get out of here and be in Kona. I love that Island and this is going to be my only "first" Kona and that excites me. Sometimes I think we mistake anxiety for excitement. How great is it going to be to see all my friends out on the course giving it their all and then to be around family and friends that I haven't seen in a while!. It is going to be Tony the Tiger GREEEAT!


Two more days here in Boulder until I head out. Time to pack it up and get ready......


A while back I had mentioned that I have some exciting news to announce. Well everything regarding that is final and I will make that announcement in my next blog :-)


Keep it rollin to all racing!






3 comments:

  1. BDC-I am so excited for your Kona race. You are gonna rock the house! I will be watching on-line. So proud of my new friend!
    Jano

    ReplyDelete
  2. BDC-I am so excited for your Kona race. You are gonna rock the house! I will be watching on-line. So proud of my new friend!
    Jano

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey bdc - don't know if you were the one that left the comments or not on my blog as they were anonymous....but if you did, you should email me...anyways, it was a serious question as to if there should be an elite amateur category or not - i think there should be! and the rest of it wasn't about you anyway...and yes, i do love my life ;)

    ReplyDelete