Thursday, June 28, 2007

ELKDOM Here I Come....


Here is that picture of Lori and Lennia ( I am butchering the spelling of her name as I butcher the spelling of many things but it is pronounced "La-KNEE-A.") Why can't we just spell things the way they sound???
Anyway, I think that the smile you see on her is permanently stuck since she got that KONA slot.
Today was supposed to be the "Team Time Trial" for Gordo on the bike. Denny and I showed up but I decided to go with Gordo's advice and lay low this week. I sat on the back and just drafted for a while and then decided to turn off and cut the ride short. Luckily Marky A wanted to do the same. We rode back and tried to decide who was more tired LOL. Nice to have the company.
So tonight should be interesting as we (The guys on Gordo's squad and Monica) are being inducted into ELKDOM LOL! We all agreed to join the Elk's in an effort to use the pool. Gordo has a community project that is trying to build a 50 meter pool there. In exchange we all said we would join. I am glad that we did because it has changed my views on them. I thought that we were getting into a group of old right wing religious nuts and that really isn't the case at all. While the Elks have hit their peak a while ago, I still think they do valid things for the communities surrounding them. Anyway, tonight should be interesting to say the least. I will try to get a shot with the older Elks in their white tux's LOL! I am wearing Jeans as I left my good clothes at my parents house. I never thought I would need nice stuff here in Boulder. I also shaved my head bald so I am sure I will get some looks.....

No comments:

Post a Comment