Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Pre Honu 70.3 Blog

Well it has been almost a month since Wildflower and I have been training pretty well here in Boulder CO. It has been great to be on Gordo’s squad and have access to great swimming and ridding buddies. Denny and I have had a few good rides and I feel like I am acclimating to the altitude pretty well. The big issue of course is still my running.

I have been able to get in one semi long run since Wildflower. Everything else has been an hour our less. Just yesterday the foot started to act up a bit. I’m not alarmed because I just took running off the schedule for a bit. I only have 4 days left until the race. Limited running won’t effect my fitness at this point. It is best for me to play it safe with the injury. I need to e able to get to a point where I can consistently run! I will be seeing a PT here in town that has a great reputation with the tri community. He thinks he can help knock this out for good while I am still running. Music to my ears!

Other than that I have had some insomnia. I am wasted today! I’m not sure why I am not sleeping well but I can tell you that I am OVER it! Hopefully tonight will be the end of that. If not we are calling in the drugs!

Honu will be one of my chances to qualify for Kona. I really want to race there this year so I added the Buffalo Springs 70.3 to the race calendar. That gives me one more option to qualify and I won’t have to put all my stress on Honu. But hopefully I will take care of that there!

Should be a great trip as lots of my training buddies and friends from all over are going to be there. Look for the race report and post race report!

Cheers,
bdc

No comments:

Post a Comment