Monday, July 9, 2007

7 7 7

WIGGINS RIDE
Gordo, Denny, JD, BDC, Brent, Jon, and Billy
Here are the "Good Guys" at our last stop on the Wiggins ride. This last weekend was the last two days of a really solid block of training. On friday we rode the St. Varain loop and tacked on by going up to lake Brenard. That ride was interesting for me as I started out in a total "mood." Things were just not clicking on many levels so when the guys stopped for a pee break I kept rolling for some quality alone time up in the canyon. I figured I would just ride a comfortable pace and they would catch me and then I would just get back into the group.
Gordo caught up to me just as we turned to Ramond. I could tell he was doing some sets so I just did what he did. It was pretty tough as there was some good big gear work. Gordo eventually turned back (probably to go do it again) but I just kept rolling to the top. Mood changed and I was rolling nicely. Waited for JD at the top and then we rode to Brenard lake. Gordo went up too and the three of us went all the way to the lake. I had not been up there yet and it was so amazing. Wish I had a camera with me. The view would have been a much better pic then the one of us dorks LOL!
So anyway, the real training was to be done Saturday and Sunday. Saturday was the Wiggins ride. 155 miles of "nowhere." Apparently many of the greats have done this ride so of course we had to do it. When we rolled out for some reason the first hour felt like it went on foooooooreeeeeeever........and ever......I was so happy when JD rolled up to me and said "I'm bored." I felt the same way. That of course started some good convo to pass the time a bit. Billy started talking about some kid that was born without an asshole LOL!!! WTF? I'm so glad that I now know that it is possible to be born without one.....People often ask what you think/talk about when on the bike all day. Well there ya have it.....
Pretty early on I got a flat and Billy came running to the rescue and almost tackled me and my wheel. "Where's your Co2? Where's your tube? Do it this way! It's faster if you do it like this! Hurry Hurry STAT!" Before I knew it he was not helping me anymore but taking a leak on a church LOL. Denny rolled back to add some sense of calm to our efforts. Denny gave me a cliff bar wrapper to put over the bad patch on the tire and of course Billy comes running back "NOOOOO that isn't strong enough! I have a Cliff shot I can take so you can use the wrapper!" He rips into the Cliff shot and Denny and I see XXX the caffeine on the label. I have never seen Denny move so fast in my life. He ripped that Cliff shot out of his mouth so fast. It was an effort to save us all from an over caffeinated Billy. But it was too late. The highly potent Gel was down the hatch and we all had to face the fact that we were in for some classic Billy moments. Which of course came very quickly. I asked Billy where the new tube was and he handed it to me. I get it in and just as I start to pump "NOOOOOOO that is the bad tube LOL!" We are seriously the Bad News Bears of triathon. Denny was rolling, you could hear Gordo in the back ground "Hey buddy" and I am pumping the tire up with my hand pump which if seen from the back looks like I am having "fun" with myself.....
Once back on the ride I can't think of anything exciting that happened until we got to Wiggins. Well JD got all excited when we passed mile marker 69. Yes, we are all about 12. Denny dropped off to fix his own flat and ride solo for a bit. Billy and I were pulling the crew in on the last bit to Wiggins. We pulled off the front right before Wiggins as it was literally just a gas station. Once there I hit the snacks at light speed keeping one eye on Gordo at all times. He somehow ALWAYS gets in first and somehow ALWAYS has all his stuff and is sitting in the booth quietly eating his lunch while all us fools are still buying (Hey Buddy!) Denny rolled in a few min later and started laughing at me and my stash. I had a sandwich, 2 v8's, Power aide, water, and was eating as fast as I possibly could with one eye on Gordo. I eat so freaking slow and I know that when G is done the ride is ON! I did not want to get left out in the sticks by myself.
I made the roll out and Gordo and I got on the front pretty early on. I knew that he had mentioned some longer sets so I figured our pull was going to be a while. We were riding strong and silent. After a while I thought "how long is this pull going to last?" I mean I felt fine, I was just worried that the other guys weren't going to get there turn haha.....We pulled for a good 44 min. I felt strong.
The rest of the ride was sweet. We hit it hard the whole way and got our workout on. But I also got my laugh on as JD was somehow cracking me up all day. Billy farts and JD yells out "That was such a Bitch Poot! TWEEET!" I almost lost control of my bike I was laughing so hard. "Bitch Poot" has become our phrase of the week.
The ride was a really good day for me and my longest ride to date. I got exactly what I was looking for out of it. The real question would be "Can I run 21 miles in the AM?"
I will write about the run later as I am little tired right now. Why am I tired? Well, I will give you a preview: Team Good Guys decided to have some fun on our easy day and go bowling. On the way back Marky V thinks his car will make it back on NO gas......That will be a fun blog!

3 comments:

  1. BDC-These posts totally crack me up:)

    See you soon.

    Becky O

    ReplyDelete
  2. BDC....hilarious. Funny the things that are going on during a ride and I have to read your post to find out and I was on the ride. I am mad that I missed the bowling, I totally forgot. I had planned on going, but just left my mind.

    J

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait for the "bonus" workout on Monday night post! =)

    ReplyDelete