Sunday, July 1, 2007

BEER MILE

BEER MILE START
There is Billy (all talk no game) to the left, Wess, JZ and Pete.

It sure is nice to go to an event that has some serious athletes that feel it is okay to let loose and do something crazy once in a while. Joanna Zieger (Olympian, Ironman Champion and Olympic hopeful for 08) was the host of the Beer Mile that took place the other day. It's funny that Denny was the one that signed me up and both Denny and I wussed out and didn't do it. We got so much crap from JZ about that...but I got her back after she was drunk and I got to witness her CHUNDER on lap 2 LOL! I have the pic of it as I was on "chunder watch" with my camera. If she isn't nice to me I just might post her blowing chunks on the track. And it was chunky!! I also put her in her place later by imitating her being drunk.....she chased me........ I had a 30 min run to go on and I wanted company. I honestly think I could have made her chase me around for 30 min LOL! But I will tell you that JZ is one tough cookie. She just crashed on the bike and had road rash along with a good bang to the head, yet there she is putting the guys to shame at the Beer Mile while telling Denny and I (in between laps) that we are total pussy's! I have a race coming up.....but she has the same race so that didn't really work as en excuse.

So lets talk about Mr. "I just finished top 10 in and IM" Edwards. The boy went on and on and on and on and on about how he was gonna rock the beer mile and put everyone to shame with his quick step and fast drinking. Homeboy DISGRACED Team Good Guys (That's us on G's Squad) so bad that he actually made Denny and I NOT doing it look like we did it better! But he sure got his buzz on. Billy gets so sensitive when he is drunk HAHAHA!

The real reason I didn't do it though is that I am just getting over being a bit "spent" and I thought it wise to stay away from such activities as I get HUGE hangovers when I drink. Plus Gordo has taken a good amount of time to help me out with my plan up to Vineman and I don't want to F it up. I already got yelled at for swimming too hard the other AM.....but we did agree that it was good for the confidence ;-) Anyway, I will be back to do a Beer Mile later in the year and JZ is going DOWN! WHAT! WHAT!

Things are starting to come around and I think I am going to be able to handle this next block of training. It has a lot of running, 2 solid races and one Big Bad Mofo of a bike ride. Looking forward to it all.


3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Top 10 Billy" was a real disappointment on this day. I'd be willing to bet that once the season is over and he has had some time to sharpen his game, we may see a PR out of him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beer miles and chipotle underwear runs are the only races you'll see me in.

    ReplyDelete